Saturday, November 23, 2013

Time for some Devotionals

My friends and I lovingly call them, "Devos". Others call them "God Time". To many they are known as devotionals and are great times to just spend some time with God, and being present in the moment. This week my favorite Devo has been such a comfort, so I figured I'd share it with you!

One of the first things I do each morning is grab my copy of Jesus Calling and the Bible. There is something comforting in reading the Bible in the morning before the day starts as well as this Devotional.

Lately, I have been trying to direct my attention back towards God throughout my day. And I love the entries that are in Jesus Calling. In case you haven't heard of this marvelous devotional...here's the scoop! It is a daily devotional that was written by Sarah Young. She wrote this devotional after listening to God's voice, something in which she encourages readers to do as well.


For me, it is a great reminder that no matter what we are going through, and no matter where we are in life, God is ever-present and pouring out his love upon us. All we have to do is accept it.

This week has held several ups and downs, and one of the journals entries from this week talked about God's everlasting love. With each day's journal entry, several bible verses are listed, so I thought I would share one with you.

The day that I came across this verse in the devotional was one that I definitely needed to hear this verse.
This has also been my favorite verse for a long while and comes from the Great Commission in the Book of Matthew:

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
-Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)

Just an awesome reminder that God is always there!

So if you're having a rough day, just take a moment to stop and spend time with God. He's Got Your Back!
-Caitlin


PS-If you don't want to invest in the Jesus Calling devotional, (although I would highly recommend it), I'd also recommend following their Twitter Feed. There's bits of encouragement that are tweeted each day.



No comments:

Post a Comment