Sunday, December 14, 2014

I have a problem with pictures...

The fact is...I take way too many pictures.
My camera is full of so much random stuff.
I have pictures of pretty donuts, leaves, a million and two sunsets, the view looking out the front windshield on  a car ride, omelettes that didn't turn out so well...things that shouldn't matter whatsoever. 

Sometimes, it's a problem. 

Other times, I see my crazy picture obsession as me remembering and embracing every moment.
Here's just a few really different pictures with really no subjects at all...

So this parking lot full of snow ^. Believe it or not, this was April in Duluth, and I couldn't believe how much snow was still everywhere. Ellie and I were flabberghasted. At least I was...

This basically looks like a magazine article picture...^ But it was my breakfast once upon a time...and the first time I ever had Eggs Benedict! I really had to document it. And it was the last time all my friends and I were at Peace Dining (fancy Sunday brunch) at Luther all together before we left for the summer and student teaching. 
This one's a little weird...^ But the summer after my first year of college, this song was the theme the week of my cousin's wedding in Glenwood. The summer was full of friends and family, and hope. Somehow this song represented it. 
So there's a few pictures from my random collection of pictures in my camera library. I really have a hard time deleting pictures because they represent so much to me. 

Recently, I found an blog entry where a woman talks about her memory card being full. She writes about all the memories that go with each picture that has been taken and how important it is to hold on to each of those memories. 

It is too important to hold on to memories, happy moments. Yes, it is good to live in the present, but every once in a while, it is terrific to see all the joy and happiness in pictures. 



Some of my favorite pictures to take are of sunsets. There's something serene about watching the sun set...it brings a stillness and a good time to reflect on life..
So here are some of my favorites....

On a trip back to Luther Junior Year

From a park near my house with a wonderful person

Heading back to my room in Ylvi Junior year...right before the last day of school

At Sugar Creek Bible Camp in WI for a retreat

Flying over MN, I remember thinking, "Life is going to be good"

Winter Park, CO and sledding with friends

Backpacking with staff my first summer at Sky Ranch. Sunset hike

And that's probably enough. Now that I've dumped part of my memory card...I should probably sum it up...
and with that... 
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." 
-Helen Keller

1 comment:

  1. "omelettes that didn't turn out so well"

    AHEM: You: "Ellie! I'm going to make you an Omelette!" *Starts scrambling eggs.

    This is why I miss you so incredibly much. Because of THESE moments that we share <3 I can't wait for February!

    ReplyDelete