Monday, March 31, 2014

Sleepless in Seattle

This past weekend, I had the privilege of spending time in Seattle and Portland for the conclusion of Spring Break! It was a wonderful way to spend a break, and all started a couple of months ago when one of my friends and I joked that we should make a trip to Seattle and Portland. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to swing it, but when ticket prices dropped to the extreme, I jumped on board!!

So on Thursday night I boarded a plane with one of my friends, Kendra; Seattle bound! My friends that I saw this weekend I have known since Kindergarten. I am so grateful for their friendship these past fifteen years. We have certainly had some amazing adventures and wonderful memories!

So all day Friday was about touring Seattle!! Here are some highlights...


We started off our day at the Pike Place Fish Market. It is such a unique blend of sea, fish, vendors, flowers, homemade goods, and food. 


It wasn't even that crowded!

Of course we also went to the First Starbucks. I am a Starbucks girl at heart and loved this. 



Next up: Freemont Bridge...Home to this guy...

And some wonderful views of the city! 

We had so many laughs throughout the day as we trekked all over the city. It was good to be out in the city and see so much with a truly incredible friend! It was wonderful being able to catch up on life with this girl and have some great conversations.







The Locks
 Discovery Park 


 Kerry Park at night


It was one whirlwind of a day; I am amazed at all we did! It was such a wonderful day and even included a few dance parties and Richard Simond's Dance videos.

All in all, a truly spectacular day!

Many many thanks to Kendra for hosting me these past few days. :) It was a blast!

I absolutely loved spending time with Kendra! I am so very grateful for her friendship.

(Also, the title of this post is also the name of my favorite movie. We even watched it while there. :D)

No comments:

Post a Comment