Thursday, March 6, 2014

Weather

I'm not going to lie, we have had some pretty crummy weather lately. There are piles of snow everywhere that are--no joke--six feet high. It's been cold, below freezing consistently, and it continues to snow in the evenings. Safe to say, I think it has gotten to everyone. It has been a tough Winter, and I am eagerly anticipating the warmer weather this Spring.



Despite the abundance of snow, it is pretty!! Especially when the sun is shining. 


There is a saying that you know a conversation has gotten bad when all you talk about is the weather. Well, I have definitely overindulged in the conversation of weather, however, when the snow literally blocks you in, it's kind of hard not to. It has been funny to hear people's reactions to the snow. We are all pretty sick of it!!

The snow has also illuminated  how far removed I am from the world. Being locked in by the snow, focused on classes and other activities in this tiny part of Iowa, an hour and a half away from any large cities, I forget to check and see what is going on in the world. One of my goals for Lent is to make sure that I am on top of the news. It is such a relief to be able to read about the world, especially when my own little "bubble" here at school consists of school, friends, activities, homework, snow, cold, ice, and more snow. 

Today, I opened my blinds for the first time in a few days. There is just something about the sun shining in through the windows that makes the world seem better. That despite tough times or pain, there is always something to look forward to.  


The view from my window is beautiful. I love waking up in the morning and seeing the sun rise. It is such a blessing. So despite all of the bad weather and the tough times, there is so much good outside. 
Sometimes all it takes is opening a window. 

Wishing you a wonderful, sunny day!
Caitlin



No comments:

Post a Comment