Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Red Rocks

It amazes me how quickly time flies! It is already the end of January and it feels like just yesterday the year was starting! Where did the time go?!

This month I have been student teaching in a third grade classroom. It has been such a blessing to be in this class and I feel like I have learned and grown quite a bit in my own teaching strategies this month. I really am looking forward to being a teacher! My cooperating teacher has been great and has allowed me to really dive in, working with the class and teaching many group lessons. It has been a wonderful experience, allowing me to really get my feet wet to help prepare me to teach. This is the second of my teaching "practicums" while in college, and all next Fall I will be student teaching before returning to school next spring to finish up the last of my classes before graduating. It is an exciting time in life, and I am enjoying every minute!

While I have been back at home for my Practicum this month, it has been great to be back in Colorado and enjoy many of the sights around the state. I absolutely love this state and feel so incredibly happy to be home.

Now that I am done teaching for the month, I have some time off before heading back to the cold Mid-West for my Spring Semester. So today I grabbed the camera and soaked up the sun at Red Rocks!


This has to be one of my favorite places to go in Colorado. I love being able to see for miles, and be at a place where so many incredible musicians have performed before. This place is gorgeous and is great for a quick day hike.






Exploring and hiking; It was certainly a wonderful way to spend an afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment