Thursday, October 23, 2014

Little Pieces of Fall

This past weekend, I had the privilege of taking a trip back to Luther! While there I attended Luther's student teaching conference for all the student teachers. It was terrific to see everyone and so great to spend time with other student teachers, especially people who I really bonded with in the Ed department. We definitely became a close-knit group of people and it was cool to see our education come full circle! We started out as college kids, and now we are student teaching. Wow time passes quickly.


My trip included many reunions and laughs. Trips to the Mall of America, playing frolf around Luther and catching up with people. It was a joy to spend time with so many of my favorite people. Being so far away from Luther, it definitely makes me appreciate the time I am at school and the time spent with friends, that much more.


Seriously, Luther is gorgeous in the Fall.


It was also great to spend time in the cities where the leaves were at their peak! The time included a trip to the Minnesota Zoo as well.




Sea Dragons--such cool animals

Traditional Cribbage Night


Finally reunited!!! Seriously was the best to see so many wonderful people!



It was definitely hard to say goodbye to so many great people, but knowing I will be back soon is a good feeling. Returning "home" to Luther was such a good feeling. One of the best sights was this drive....the last hill leading to Luther...


So now that I am back from Luther, I have started my fifth grade teaching placement! I am excited about this opportunity and grateful for it as well. It's been a good transition in to the "real world".

I've also been learning to take things a day at a time, and realize, that although I may miss Luther and the people there, I know that I am right where I need to be. Luther will come soon enough. For now, I need to enjoy each day as it comes at me, and trust that God has good plans. I know He has placed me where I should be, and for that, I am grateful.

-Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment